12th Annual Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Week
March 16, 2017
Update: March 16, 2017
The 12th Annual Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Week at ACES was THE MOST SUCCESSFUL YEAR EVER! Students learned about cystic fibrosis and became CURE FINDERS through the various events at school. We want to thank all who participated, volunteered and made such generous donations.
Thanks to the support of all involved, an unprecedented $8,180.42 was raised! This will be donated directly to the National Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to fund research.
Thanking you from the bottom of our hearts . . . and lungs!
ACES is gearing up with activities for the 12th Annual Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Week to be held Monday, March 6 - Friday, March 10, 2017.
It is time to once again raise awareness and funds towards finding a cure for this genetic disease that primarily affects children. We are asking for your participation and support in helping this great cause, HELP OUR STUDENTS BECOME CURE FINDERS!
Events taking place:
• All Week- MAKE A CHANGE WITH YOUR CHANGE/COIN CLASH fundraisers. Please send in donations with your child throughout the week. Middle school will compete through their color teams in a COIN CLASH.
• WEDNESDAY MARCH 8 -GENES FOR JEANS dress down day for students & staff. Wear jeans for a $5 donation - class total will be added to the students’ homeroom box amount.
• THURSDAY MARCH 9 - BAKE SALE sponsored by Kinder & 1st grade- last period of the day. All items sold for $1.00
We need help for the Bake Sale!
1) TIME- Help us organize and sell baked goods the day of the event. You must be at ACES from 1:00pm until 3:30pm on Thursday March 9th. If you can participate, please email Zita De Vita at email@example.com. FOUR volunteer hours will be given.
2) BAKED GOODS- Additional baked goods (doughnuts, cupcakes, cookies, or other assorted wrapped goods such as Little Bites, Honeybuns, etc.) can be dropped off on Wednesday, March 8th, or Thursday, March 9th (in the morning) at the front desk. These must be NUT FREE and STORE BOUGHT. One volunteer hour will be given for each pack (of 6-10 items). Please label with your child’s name & HR teacher.
• THE CLASS THAT RAISES THE MOST FUNDS WILL RECEIVE
• A CHOICE OF PIZZA OR ICE CREAM PARTY
ALL MONEY RAISED IS DONATED DIRECTLY TO THE
NATIONAL CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION
In the past 11 years ACES has raised over $53,000 that has been donated to fund research to help find a cure. We know this will be a very successful year too!
Questions/Comments? Contact Ms. De Vita at firstname.lastname@example.org