By working together we can keep ACES healthy!
We appreciate that our families continue to work with us to be sure we minimize our risks to the spread of any illness or disease. We have been and will continue to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus; however, we know that the best practices are the same measures that protect us against common viruses. As your Principal, I take my duties of keeping your child and our school safe and healthy very seriously. I wanted to once again share some of the steps we are taking while emphasizing the vital role our families play in keeping ACES a healthy school every day.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a new disease that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person to person.
What is ACES doing?
- Administration and front office staff are monitoring everyone on campus for on-going illness.
- When students report that they are sick or are suspected of being sick, their parents are called to address the situation.
- Staff members are being asked to monitor their own health and to remain home when they are sick.
- The facilities department is ensuring that all bathrooms are stocked with soap at all times, and proper disinfectant is being used when cleaning (to include all doorknobs, handrails, water fountains, and common areas).
- All classroom teachers emphasize hand-washing and hand sanitizer is used in each room.
- Teachers continue to work with students to make-up work that is missed while out, minimizing the adverse effects of missing school while sick.
- We will continue to communicate regularly to encourage support from our families and to educate them as we receive more information.
What should families be doing?
- If your child has a fever or a persistent cough, please keep them home and seek medical advice.
- Encourage your child to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer after using the restroom and after coughing or sneezing.
- Provide a reusable water bottle so that students remain hydrated throughout the day.
- Carefully consider all international travel.
- Continue to monitor the news.
- Remain calm!
- Please see our parent guide linked here.
Again, we do not take the trust you place in us each day for granted and will continue to remain vigilant in the protection of your children.