Apply for the 2020-2021 school year.
Open Enrollment for the 2020-2021 SchoolYear
Monday, January 13 - Friday, February 14, 2020
Aventura City of Excellence School admits students of any race, color, national origin, religion or gender. First consideration for admission will be given to residents of Aventura and dependents of U.S. military personnel on active duty in accordance with Florida Law.
Thank you for your interest in our school!
We hope the following information will be helpful throughout the enrollment process.
2020-2021 Enrollment Information
- January 13 - February 14, 2020: Open Enrollment for new students. Current ACES students do not apply online, only potential new students or siblings that would be new to ACES.
- February 20, 2020: Log in to your parent dashboard to review the status of your application. Dashboard link will be added when activated
- March 14, 2020: New student registration documents will be reviewed. Last names A-L will be reviewed from 9:00 AM-10:30 AM and last names M-Z will be reviewed from 10:30 AM-12:00 Noon. You will receive a reminder of the required documentation via email.
Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will be available online starting January 13, 2020. In the initial "Open Enrollment" period all applicants have an equal opportunity for admission regardless of submitting an application on the first day or the last day of "Open Enrollment". The Open Enrollment period is January 13, 2020 - February 14, 2020. Applications will be accepted for all grade levels.
After February 14, 2020, applications will continue to be accepted and admission will be offered based on the order in which the application is received. If a lottery is required and your application was not submitted within the Open Enrollment window, your application will be positioned on the waitlist in the order in which it is received.
Applications will be accepted, date and time-stamped and processed in the order in which they are received. When the number of applications received within the open enrollment period exceeds the number of seats available, a lottery will be conducted to determine admission. Families will be notified within 14 days of the close of the initial enrollment period if their student has been accepted or if a lottery will be held.
If a lottery is required, preference for admission will be prioritized as follows:
- Active Duty U.S. Military dependents
- Siblings of currently enrolled students who are residents of the City of Aventura
- New applicants who are residents of Aventura with a sibling accepted
- New applicants who are residents of Aventura
- Non-residents of Aventura with a sibling accepted
Applications for new students who have siblings currently attending the school must apply within the open enrollment period to receive the appropriate preference for admission. When submitting an application for a new student that has a sibling currently attending please be sure to mark the appropriate box on the application so that your children are linked and are afforded the sibling preference for admission.
Applicants offered admission to the school will be sent a Letter of Offer with a time frame in which to accept or decline the seat. If a response is not received within the time frame the offer will be rescinded and the applicant will be moved to the waitlist based on the expiration of the offer date.
Residency preference is only offered to applicants who reside in Aventura prior to the year 2020. Those who did not reside in Aventura on or prior to December 31, 2019, will not receive preference. Please be advised that applicants who receive a preference for admission based on the statements made on their application will be required to provide verifying documents at the time of registration and must submit an affidavit confirming their place of residence. Those unable to provide documentation will forfeit their seat or residency preference.
Aventura residents are required to provide the following documents:
- a current driver’s license,
- a utility bill,
- a lease or deed and proof of Homestead Exemption,
- a notarized affidavit confirming your address.
Please note, applicants who maintain a current homestead exemption on property outside the city of Aventura will not be eligible to receive Aventura residency preference.
THE SCHOOL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCIND THE ADMISSION OF AN APPLICANT BASED ON FALSIFIED APPLICATION INFORMATION. A parent has the right to appeal the school's decision to the City Manager. His decision will be final.