Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a new disease that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person to person.
What steps is ACES taking?
ACES is monitoring the recommendations of the CDC, the Florida Department of Health, and Miami-Dade County Schools regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Updates will be provided as necessary.
- ACES will be closed next week and through Spring Break.
Healthy Habits for Virus Prevention
How can you protect yourself and your family?
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to a virus. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
These everyday habits can help prevent the spread of viruses!
Coronavirus Telephone Hotline: 1-866-779-6121
*Hotline provided by the Florida Department of Health and is staffed 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday